Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Dungarvan Festival of Food!

It was a glorious day for food! Sunny, people, food as far as the eye can see, and . . . oh yeah the wind was really strong that day haha! I started my time with the Festival by volunteering to monitor trash cans for two hours. Now that was the day before which was rainy and windy :( but luckily I had gotten there first and got to work inside the tent! The Irish are very dedicated  to the cause of recycling and appropriate waste in general. They have different containers for food, bottles, cans, and general waste. This is all over the country, for example at WIT. I stood by a trash bin and made sure people were putting their waste in the correct bin. I was glad to be a part of a cause where the Irish are devoted to being appropriate in waste management. Now, on to the festival day itself. Soooooooo much good food haha! I had tried kangaroo for the first time! Words cannot describe the tastes I experienced; I had an out of body experience haha! But seriously, the food was great and smelled delicious.

-J. GIBSON

No comments:

Post a Comment