Tuesday, April 30, 2013

A nice evening with the Keith family

So, there was a weekend night where all my classmates went to karaoke - I didn't go. Now you might be thinking why? Why not get up there with a few drinks in you and sing till your hearts content? Well that's because I went to a local bar in town where I had met up with the Keith family and watched two of their many children perform. They were on acoustic guitar and were singing as well to some Irish tunes and some American ones as well. Now, being a musician I absolutely love live performances. Any chance I can go see one I will and I felt it was the right thing to do. I had a lovely evening chatting with the Keith family while enjoying some great music. Surely my peers had a great time at karaoke, but I know I had a much better night just relaxing with the Keith's and enjoying their children put on a show. What caught me off guard was when Joan, one of the daughters and announced into the microphone "We're going to bring up our American friend, James, to play a few songs." What!?!?!?!?!!? I couldn't believe it! Now as a musician I always have a few songs for occasions as such but I hadn't played in two months! (Because of us coming to Ireland and not having my guitar here!). Luckily it went really well, the crowd enjoyed my music as did the Keith family! It was such a nice night I'm glad I got to spend it with the Keith's :)

-J. GIBSON

No comments:

Post a Comment