Thursday, May 9, 2013

Galway Trip!

Alright, let's get back at it. Some time ago Tom Keith took our group out for our last outing :( (I know, so sad) but it was quite possibly the best saved for last! TK's wife, Carmel and the two daughters, Mimi and Joan joined us as well. I'll tell you, the Keith ladies can sure cook a great Irish meal! The spectacular moment for me was seeing the Cliffs of Moher . . . the views were absolutely stunning! We had to be careful though because the wind was blowing so strong at certain points that I've felt like I was going to be swept off the cliff! If that did happen it would've been nice to fly with the pigeons . . for a few moments at least, hehe. It was truly a spectacular moment and I am truly amazed to have seen such sites. We also got to see a sheepdog demonstration! Now the sheep themselves are pretty cool, but it was also cool see to instructor command the sheepdog to heard the sheep and cattle! As we made our way back to the hostel, the Keith ladies were cooking dinner for us! It was sooooo good - if that is one of the many things I will miss it will be the great Irish meals haha. The next day we also went to the Aran Islands! It was absolutely gorgeous, incredibly sunny and nice. I had spent my time walking, that's right, walking the Aran Island. My peers had decided to take a tour bus but I wanted to spend time "in" the beauty of it all - and boy, was it incredible!!! This was a great trip and I am glad that I didn't miss out!

-J.GIBSON

No comments:

Post a Comment