Thursday, May 9, 2013

Dungarvan, My Hometown

Dungarvan, Ireland. . . What can I say? It was a wonderful experience and I am truly grateful to the town and all the people who have helped make it my new home. The friends I've made, the adventures I've had. . . I am going to miss it so much but I know that the Irish of Dungarvan will always welcome me back and I look forward to returning! To the memories, great adventures and people, and having the time of my life! Thank you to everybody who has made this a great trip I will never forget!

Dungarvan, my hometown http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZpTHHoMGLY ( a lovely video by Damien Geoghegan!)


I’m so blessed to have the opportunity to explore wonderful new places thanks to my amazing family. Without them I would not be having the time of my life here in Dungarvan and be traveling around Europe. It’s difficult for me to summarize my experiences so far because there has been so much that has happened that I am in awe. The sweet little town that is Dungarvan has become another home to me. The beautiful views of the town as you travel toward it, the bay front, the constantly changing tide, and the people all make for a serene and friendly environment.
            What do I love about Dungarvan? Well what isn’t there to love? The people, the sense of a community, the fact that it acts as an ideal location for traveling to Europe and around Ireland, and the chance to immerse myself in the culture! The Irish are truly warm, welcoming, and hospitable people. I was stunned that the Mayor of Dungarvan and town council had welcomed us upon our arrival. The Irish in Dungarvan are a hard working group of people that can make their way and also enjoys themselves, despite whatever challenges they or their country might be facing. This is how I live my life; I am a hard working person who wants to make positive change and also knows how to have fun despite whatever life may present.
            Words cannot express my gratitude toward Dungarvan. You have all helped to make wonderful memories for me that I will cherish throughout life! Thank you for all that you have done for me, and may God bless you all. 

-J.GIBSON

No comments:

Post a Comment